If you are interested in discovering more facts, please read MARICOPA AG CENTER BLENDS FUN WITH SCIENCE,
a magazine article about the University of Arizona Maricopa Ag Center.
- Arizona has a $6.3 billion
- Arizona has 7,500 farms and ranches
across the state.
- Beef is Arizona's leading
- Arizona produces enough beef
annually to feed over 4.6 million Americans.
- Arizona grows enough cotton each year to make
more than one pair of jeans for every man, woman and child in the
- Yuma, Arizona is the winter lettuce capitol
of the world.
- Arizona ranks second in the U.S. in head lettuce, leaf
lettuce, romaine lettuce, cauliflower and broccoli production.
- Nationally, Arizona ranks second in the production of lemons,
third in tangerine production, and 4th in the production of
oranges and grapefruit.
- Arizona apple growers produce 94.5 million pounds of
apples each year.
- There are 140,000 dairy cows in Arizona with
a yearly milk production average of 21,705 pounds per cow.