Santa Rita Experimental Range
Downloading Spatial Data
DOWNLOADING WITH MOZILLA FIREFOX:
- Right-click the Shapefile link.
- Left-click Save Link As . . . to display the Save As dialog box.
- Select the location in which to save the file. The name of the shapefile will be displayed in File name, and the Save as type will be All Files (*.*).
- Click Save.
DOWNLOADING WITH MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER:
Note: These instructions have been tested with Mozilla Firefox 3.0 and Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.
- Left-click the Shapefile link.
- Left-click Save.
- In the Save As . . . dialog box, select the location in which to save the file. The name of the zipped shapefile will be displayed in File name, and the Save as type will be Winzip File.
- Click Save.
HOW TO EXTRACT ZIPPED FILES:
- Save the downloaded zip file to the hard drive.
- Right click on the file and select "extract all". This will open an extraction wizard.
- Click "next" and then choose location to extract the files to. (Most choose Program Files on C drive.)
- Choose the option to "Make a new folder" or select the existing folder you want the file to go into.
- Then click "ok"; now the directory should point to "C:\Program Files\foldername\filename
- Click "next" and the extraction process should begin.
- Make sure that the "Show Extracted Files" option is checked.
- When it is complete, hit "Finish".
[SRER Home Page]
Last updated: 06 August 2008
Mitchel McClaran: email@example.com