Minimum Application Requirements
Graduate study in the Department of Soil, Water and Environmental Science is open to students with undergraduate preparation in biological, chemical, physical, earth, or engineering sciences. Students with other backgrounds can be accepted into the program, with course deficiencies noted.
- All applicants must have a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 grade scale.
- International students must have a TOEFL score of at least 550 (paper-based) or 80 (Internet-based). TOEFL test scores are valid for two years from the test date. (TOEFL Institution Code: 4832).
Fall: June 01
Fall: December 01
Graduate College Requirements http://grad.arizona.edu/
- Graduate College Application Form ($50.00 application fee).
- Domicile Affidavit (domestic applicants only).
- Financial Guarantee (international applicants only).
- TOEFL test scores (international applicants only).
The University of Arizona
P.O. Box 210066
Tucson, AZ 85721-0066
- Copy of the Graduate College application form, whether on-line or paper application.
- Letter of Interest - One or two page letter specifying your area of interest and goals.
- Three letters of recommendation (letter writers should use their own letterhead stationery/envelopes).
- GRE scores are requested, but not required for DOMESTIC applicants (GRE Institution Code: 4832). TOEFL REQUIRED for INTERNATIONAL students. TOEFL score must be at least 550 (paper-based) or 80 (Internet-based). TOEFL test scores are valid for two years from the test date. TOEFL Institution Code: 4832
- Official transcripts from ALL institutions attended.
- If you are currently in the process of completing a degree program, please mail your transcript, including your current course schedule, and later submit a MANDATORY final, official transcript that lists your graduation date and degree awarded.
- If you are an INTERNATIONAL applicant you must provide original and English language translation transcripts, showing courses, grades and degrees awarded. If graded on other than a 4.0 grading scale, please provide appropriate equivalency. If you are currently in the process of completing a degree program, please mail your transcript, including your current course schedule, and later submit a MANDATORY final, official transcript that lists your graduation date and degree awarded.
Complete and return the following forms:
- Educational Goals and Interests worksheet print pdf.
- Prerequisites and Deficiencies worksheet (see application below).
- Department Application (includes prerequisites and deficiencies worksheet) print pdf.
If you cannont download these forms as pdf files, contact Alicia Velasquez at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the forms by email or mail. Include your complete name, degree type and admission semester (i.e. Fall 2007, Spring 2008) in the "Subject" line of all such correspondence.
Please mail the completed departmental application materials to:
Soil, Water, and Environmental Science
University of Arizona
Shantz Bldg., Room 429
P.O. Box 210038
Tucson, Arizona 85721-0038
- Limited teaching and departmental research assistantships are available on a competitive basis.
- Limited grant-supported research assistantships are also available through individual faculty research programs.
- Departmental funding may additionally include, on a competitive basis, registration and tuition fee waivers.
scholarships, such as, the G.E.P Smith and W.H. Fuller scholarships,
are awarded yearly.
to Private Foundations offering support
- The Ivanhoe Foundation http://www.theivanhoefoundation.com/index.htm