The Arizona Agriculture Extension Association (AAEA) is part of the National Association of County Agricultural Agents (NACAA). Members include Cooperative Extension professionals working in the fields of crops, livestock, aquaculture, forestry, water quality, turf, pasture, and many other areas in traditional and non-traditional agriculture and natural resources. AAEA and NACAA provide a forum in which extension employees can interact with eachother, share research and educational knowledge and received professional development in their areas of interest.
The purpose of the Arizona Agriculture Extension Association shall be to:
- encourage professional improvement and quality performance among Extension workers,
promote cooperation, loyalty and understanding among Exension people and other University of Arizona personnel,
- improve the effectiveness of Cooperative Extension work,
- advance the basic importance and position of American agriculture in our national economy,
- carry out the policies and programs of the Land Grant Colleges in the United States, and
- to apply scientific knowledge to agriculture and agricultural pursuits.
There are a variety of professional improvement and networking benefits to joining the Association, including these Top Ten Reasons to join:
- Subscription to "The County Agent" magazine - a national magazine addressing issues and concerns as well as celebrating the success of people and programs across the country.
- Subscription to the AAEA email listserv connecting all Arizona members.
- The infamous annual auction. The only auction you must attend and bid to asure that you DON'T have to take something home!
- The opportunity to attend the National Conference.
- An annual barbecue.
- Outstanding national awards program with cash prizes to recognize excellence in our profession.
- Annual Winter Meeting.
- Annual Summer Meeting.
- Scholarships - All members are invited to participate in the scholarship program. An investment of $40 makes you eligible for up to $1,000 in scholarship support for professional improvement.
- Networking - Connect with the Extension professionals who are moving Arizona agriculture and natural resources forward. County agents, area agents, extension specialists, administrators and other campus and off-campus faculty and staff connect and develop strong working relationships throughout the Association. Make sure your name is on our membership list.
AAEA President - Randy Norton
PO Box 1015
Safford, AZ 85548-1015