Dr. Samuel Garcia
Lecturer and Program Coordinator
Food Product and Safety Laboratory
4181 N. Campbell Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85719
(520) 318-7021 or (520) 456-7804
- Ph.D., Animal Science - Meat Science; University of Arizona
- M.S., Animal Science - Meat Science; University of Arizona
- B.S., Veterinary Science; University of Arizona
- ANS 102R - Animal Industry (Co-teacher)
- ANS 102L - Animal Industry Lab (Co-teacher)
- ANS 380 - Food Safety (Co-teacher)
- ANS 420/520 - Meat Animal Composition (Co-teacher)
- ANS 477 - Beef Resource
Dr. Samuel Garcia was raised in Sonora, Mexico until he was 12 were he then lived in both Benson and Douglas Arizona. He comes from a cattle ranching family, who is still currently breeding and raising cattle.
As lecturer, Dr. Garcia assists in teaching various classes in the area of Animal Science. These include ANS 102 Lecture and Lab, ANS 380 Food Safety, ANS 420 Meat Animal Composition, ANS 477 Beef Resource, a senior capstone class and an instructional class for the culinary arts program at Pima Community College.
In his position as Program Coordinator he oversees all operational aspects of the UA Food Product and Safety Lab. He also directly assists in harvesting, fabrication and processing of meat animals, ratites, buffalo, yaks and poultry.