Daniel D. Kiesling
Livestock Judging Coach, Lecturer and Student Advisor
231 Shantz Building
PO Box 210038
Tucson, AZ 85721-0038
Phone: (520) 621-5810
Fax: (520) 621-9435
- B.S. Animal Science - Michigan State University
- M.S. Animal Science - Iowa State University
- ANS 202- Introduction to Livestock Production
- ANS 210- Introduction to Live Animal and Carcass Evaluation
- ANS 297B- Introduction to Competitive Livestock Judging
- ANS 396A- Junior Livestock Judging Team
- ANS 496B- Senior Livestock Judging Team
- ANS 399/499- Independent Study
- ANS 493- Internship
Dan Kiesling joined the faculty at the University of Arizona in 2010. He serves as livestock judging coach, lecturer, advisor and coordinator of the UA Teaching Farm. Dan is a native of Michigan where he grew up raising and showing Columbia and Hampshire sheep, steers and hogs through 4-H and FFA. While a student at MSU, Dan was a member of both the meats and livestock judging teams.
Prior to coming to the University, Dan was the shepherd at Iowa State University, where he completed is MS degree in Animal Science with an emphasis in beef cattle nutrition. His research project was byproduct supplementation of pasture reared finishing cattle and its effects on live animal and carcass performance and fatty acid profiles. While at ISU, Dan helped teach several animal science classes and assisted with the livestock judging team and meat animal evaluation team.
- Kiesling, D.D. 2013. Performance, carcass traits and fatty acid profiles of yearling beef cattle supplemented with self-fed byproducts on pasture. Thesis defense. Iowa State University.
- Kiesling, D.D., 2009 Review- ISU Sheep Teaching Farm. A.S. Leaflet R2571
Iowa State University Animal Industry Report 2010. January 2010
- Kiesling, D.D., D.G. Morrical, D.R. Strohbehn, M.S. Honeyman, W. D. Busby, J.H.
Sellers, and D.L. Maxwell. Performance and Carcass Traits of Beef Cattle Supplemented Self-Fed Byproducts on Pasture: A Progress Report. A.S. Leaflet R2421 Iowa State University Animal Industry Report 2009. January 2009.
- Kiesling, D.D., 2007 Review- ISU Sheep Teaching Farm. A.S. Leaflet R2371
Iowa State University Animal Industry Report 2008. January 2008