WET Activity Adaptations and Applications
Have you developed any fantastic adaptations or applications of WET activities? Please share these with other teachers around Arizona. Send them to Arizona Project WET.
To open .pdf files, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader. Go to Adobe's web site to download a free copy.
Adaptations of Activities from the Project WET Curriculum and Activity Guide
Color Me a Watershed:
- Color Me a Watershed: Map A (Pre-colored) (.pdf file 459KB)
- Color Me a Watershed: Map B (Pre-colored) (.pdf file 436KB)
- Color Me a Watershed: Map C (Pre-colored) (.pdf file 443KB)
- Color Me a Watershed: Graphs (.pdf file 43KB)
- Graphics for the Incredible Journey Dice (.pdf file 563Kb) Make sure to read the printing directions on the first page!
- How to make the Incredible Journey box (.pdf file 10Kb)
- Print Incredible Journey Wall Signs (.pdf file)
- Project WET Activity: Imagine! (.pdf file 10Kb) Great follow-up activity
- Incredible Journey Travel Log (.doc file 102Kb)
Piece It Together: card corrections:
- Piece It Together - temperature, precipitation, population density (.doc file 21KB)
Raining Cats & Dogs Icebreaker :
- Icebreaker Adaptation (.doc file 22KB)
Drop in the Bucket:
- We have provided correct numbers in acre-feet since million and billion liters is a tough unit to work with.
Water Availability Table (.pdf file 9K)
Get the Groundwater Picture
- Groundwater Flow Model Demonstration Script (.pdf file 60 Kb)
Adaptations of Activities from the Discover a Watershed: The Colorado Educators' Guide
An Invited Guest
- Buffelgrass in Southern Arizona (YouTube, 9.5 min.) Many noted public figures speak on the impact of this issue. While there, search for "Buffelgrass in Arizona" and find a number of other helpful videos on the topic.
Classroom Management Tips
- Classroom Management for Successful Student Inquiry (.pdf file 69Kb)
- Ideas About Classroom Management (.pdf file 73Kb)
- Managing the Inquiry Classroom (.pdf file 57Kb)
Maps from Discover a Watershed: the Colorado and Arizona Conserve Water Educator Guides
- Climate Change 101 and the Changing Hydrologic Cycle (.ppt file 7.3 Mb)
- Arizona Climograph Puzzler (.ppt file 610 Kb)
- Greenhouse Effect In the Classroom (.pdf file 1.1 Mb)
- Climate Change Links:
- cloud animation, http://cals.arizona.edu/climate/misc/clouds.mov
- global water vapor, http://cals.arizona.edu/climate/misc/movie_WV.mpg
Applying WET to Other Curricular Objectives
- Project WET Activities Promote Literacy (.pdf file 67 Kb)
This document correlates Project WET activities to literacy skills.
- Activities to assist with Science Fair, Science Olympiad & Invention Convention ( .pdf file 125 Kb) From Project WET Curriculum and Activity Guide, Conserve Water Educators' Guide, Healthy Water Healthy People, and WOW- Wonders of Wetlands
- Teach a Unit on Drought ( .pdf file 95 Kb)