- Two 6 ounce tilapia fillets, seasoned
- 3 sweet potatoes, cooked and peeled (14 ounces after cooking)
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 3 graham crackers
- 1 cup roasted pecans
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fish stock, crab or shrimp stock, or water
- Pinch of seafood seasoning or Creole seasoning
- Grind the sweet potatoes, juices, butter, salt and ginger together
and set aside.
- Grind the graham crackers, pecans and butter together.
- Cover the fish with the sweet potato mixture, then sprinkle the
pecan mixture over the sweet potato mixture.
- Broil the fillets until golden brown, approximately 4 minutes.
- In a 6 inch skillet, add the cream, vanilla, seafood stock (or
water) and seasoning. Bring to a boil and cook for 45 seconds, until the
alcohol in the vanilla is gone and the sauce coats the back of a spoon.
- Pool the sauce on a plate, place the broiled fish fillet on top and
Recipe from Gabrielle and the American Tilapia Association