- 2 fresh Tilapia fillets, approximately 8-10oz each
- 150ml (1/4pint) medium white wine
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons freshly chopped mixed herbs
- 6 salad onions, diagonally sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2oz butter
- 1 teaspoon cornflour, blended with a little cold water
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- Arrange the Tilapia side by side in a lightly oiled roasting tin or
- Pour over the wine, then sprinkle over the chopped garlic, most of
the herbs, the salad onions and seasoning to taste. Place half the
butter on each fish.
- Cover with a sheet of lightly oiled foil, seal in the fish then bake
in a preheated oven 350F, for 30-35 minutes.
- Transfer the Tilapia to a serving dish and keep warm. Pour the
juices into a pan, stir in the blended cornflour and simmer for 2
minutes. Stir in the creme fraiche, pour over and serve immediately,
sprinkled with the remaining herbs.
Cooking Time: Approximately 35 minutes Serves: 2
Recipe from American Tilapia Association