(red bird of paradise)
Deciduous shrub (may be evergreen in mild winters)
- half hardy
- reflective heat, sun, or part shade
- will stand dry soil, very drought resistant
- fast growing
- Dark green leaves with dense, fast groath to 10 feet tall. Blooms throughout warm weather: flowers orange or red (rarely yellow).
- should be planted in well drained soil, and will rebound quickly in spring after freeze
- low maintenance (unatractive in winter, can be pruned to ground)
- medium to large shrub.
[Next Plant] [Previous Plant] [Back Home] [List of Plants] [Back to Ag]