(Mexican Fan Palm)
[Next Plant] [Previous Plant] [Back Home] [List of Plants] [Back to Ag]
- hardy, half-hardy
- reflective heat, sun, part shade
- average watering, dry, drought resistant
- slow growing
- Dense, dark green, wide spreading, slow-medium to 30-40' X 25-30', same temp range as citrus - revel in heat but can suffer wind breakage, use on street, parking, good for hedge or screen - allow lateral room.
- pink blossoms with pungent odor in spring some find objectionable, suseptable to texas root rot.
- low maintenance.
- medium tree
- bold foliage, transitional, tropical