(Mexican Fan Palm)
[Next Plant] [Previous Plant] [Back Home] [List of Plants] [Back to Ag]
- sun, part shade, shade
- ample to average watering
- slow growing
- Lush looking Grows to 15-25' high 20' wide, formal, alternate branching, dies back in cold, space definer, arching.
- Yellow inconspicuous flower in spring & fall, 1/4" blue black inconspicuous berries, foliage is leathery, laurel-like shinydark green oblong tri-veined greenstems on young growth.
- low maintenance, prune in late winter, remove lower limbs for tree, clean up in spring (drops leaves), Deeply soak 1-2 times per year to leach out salts, feed with iron sulfate if chlorotic, plant anytime from containors 4-6' apart for hedge.
- small to medium patio tree used in wide screening
- desert espalier, woodsy