[Next Plant] [Previous Plant] [Back Home] [List of Plants] [Back to Ag]
- reflective heat, sun, part shade
- average watering, dry, drought resistant
- medium to slow growing
- Gnarled trunk - smooth gray, Mediterranean region, multi or single trunk, "Swan Hill" variation is pollenless/fruitless, transplantable, live for hundreds of years, historic, nostalgic, varieties avaailable, usually grows to 15-30' some taller.
- Small white inconspicuous flower with a lot of pollen, bears olives - messy, problems are; verticillium wilt, olive knot, and scale, Foliage is soft gray-green whitish underside, opposite 2" stiff leathery, is also soil tolerant but prefers deep rich
- medium maintenance, stake and prune for single trunk, removal of suckers, clean up of olives, deep widely spaced irrigation.
- accent, desert, espalier, oriental.