[Next Plant] [Previous Plant] [Back Home] [List of Plants] [Back to Ag]
- part shade, shade
- ample to average watering
- medium growing.
- Native to Japan, Good screen or hedge, 6-8' X 6-8' foliage may sunburn in sommer.
- White 2-4" clusters of flowers in spring bring red berries that turn black, deseases include; thrips, spidermites, aphids, Texas root rot.
- medium maintenance, plant 4-5' apart for unclipped hedge, 3-4' apart for formal, trim after blooms fade, fertilize regularly.
- large foundation or patio plant used for wide screening outdoors.
- bold foliage, oriental, woodsy.