[Next Plant] [Previous Plant] [Back Home] [List of Plants] [Back to Ag]
- sun, part shade
- dry, drought resistant once established
- fast to medium growing.
- Can be trained into a tree, grows to 8' in 5 years, grows to 20' high x 20' wide, good by patios and pools, trim to hedge, plant anytime (best in spring) from containers.
- Inconspicuous spring flower (green), desease include; iron chlorosis in heavy or alkaline soils, and Texas root rot, spidermites, and scale.
- Foliage is glossy bright green bark is gray, must have welldrained soil.
- large foundation or patio plant used for wide screening outdoors.
- medium maintenance, clip any time, takes pruning, spray for mites and scale, treat for iron chlorosis with iron, water deeply, and infrequently feed infrequently.
- medium to large patio shrub used for all screening plans.
- espalier, woodsy.