[Next Plant] [Previous Plant] [Back Home] [List of Plants] [Back to Ag]
- Sun, part shade
- ample to average water
- fast growing
- Green sword-like foliage - stays most of the year - some summer die-back - grown from rhizomes.
- Plants work well used as informal borders and flowers are good for cutting.
- Many hybrids - dwarf to 10" tall - 2 1/2 to 4'.
- Large, showy orchid-like (white to red) flowers in all colors but red appear early spring
- non-walk-on over 12", outdoor, in well drained soil.
- used in accent, bedding, bold foliage, oriental settings.