[Next Plant] [Previous Plant] [Back Home] [List of Plants] [Back to Ag]
- part shade, shade
- Ample to average watering
- medium growing
- Grand display of pink flowers in spring, blue berries follow
- Many cultivars are sold with distinct differences in height an appearance, 2'-6' tall and as wide, works well as a small patio tree, (keep staked).
- Pinch back after bloom to keep from getting rangy. leach soil to remove excess salts.
- Diseases include iron chlorosts may occur as well as sun-burn from reflected hear.
- Small foundation shrub used for wide screening
- outdoor accent, bold foliage oriental woodsy effects.