(California Fan Palm)
[Next Plant] [Previous Plant] [Back Home] [List of Plants] [Back to Ag]
- reflective heat, sun, part shade
- ample to average watering, dry, drought resistant
- slow growing
- Grows to 60' - 80' but 20-40' most common, spreads to 15' dense, old leaves form petticoat, little flair at base, good wildlife tree tolerates lawn conditions, too large for most residenses, architectural, selfpruning massive good for large scale, goo
d in rows.
- Unimprotant white flower small black fruit (edible), watch for heart rot & bud rot, 6' wide stiff gray-green filaments toothed base fanlike.
- low maintenance, can transplant ball and bare, prune off old fronds, responds well to food & water.
- Large palm
- transitional, vertical