Not only does working at the Norton School allow me to apply my degree in family studies and human development, it's also provided rewarding opportunities in both business development and relationship building.
As a public relations liaison supporting the Norton School, the Lundgren Center and the Take Charge America Institute, I enjoy the challenge of identifying potential collaborations, technology applications, funding programs and other opportunities for working with corporate partners and other organizations. Within the school, I'm proud to support focused service to students in complex, innovative and broad-spectrum career development.
On a personal note, I'm happy to have settled in what feels most like home. I was born in Tokyo and attended high school in Tucson. After graduating, I went to work in San Diego in business marketing, sales, civic development, meeting planning and major events, helping in the planning Super Bowl XXII and in the design of Humphrey’s Concerts by the Bay and served as a key executive with Great Pacific Hotels, greatly expanding their quality and scope of services.
I later returned to Tucson to care for my ailing father and accepted a position in UA’s Career Services, working with the Tucson Urban League to train adolescents at risk while taking a class a semester towards a degree in family studies and human development. In 1997, I transferred to the Terry L. Lundgren Center for Retailing, where I provided internal and external outreach and marketing for the Center as well as the Norton School overall.
I'm honored to have received recognition for my work throughout the years, including honors from the commissioner of the NFL, being named on the cover of San Diego Magazine as a notable businessperson and having been recognized by the Urban League for 15 years of service. Outside of work, I'm an accomplished photographer and artist and have performed stand-up comedy to rousing reviews. Friends and family tell me I have a great sense of humor, a great laugh and a special magnetism sensed by good dogs!
- Sales and marketing
- Community relations, fundraising and outreach
- Marketing and outreach for the Norton School, its centers and divisions while building the Norton School brand
- Developing communications for the School, including publications, press releases, promotional materials, exhibits, presentations, signage, literature and photography
- Representing the Norton School, the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences and The University of Arizona at conferences and meeting events
- Supervising and advising ambassadors on the Lundgren Center Student Advisory Board
- Coordinating and executing more than 80 annual Norton School events