"I didn't know if I would like research...but I am so glad I tried it! I have been pleased with how I have contributed to the important research about kids and families." FSHD student
If you are interested in working as an undergraduate research assistant for academic credit:
1. You must have a cumulative GPA of at least a 2.25.
2. Make an appointment with your FSHD advisor to determine how these credits will be counted toward your major or minor requirements.
3. Each semester the research opportunities change.
4. Complete the RA REGISTRATION FORM on the FSHD website. Indicate which faculty member you wish to work with.
5. After receiving contact from the faculty interested in working with you, arrange a time to meet for an interview.
6. If it is determined that you will be a research assistant for that faculty member, fill out an independent study proposal form with him or her. http://www.registrar.arizona.edu/sites/default/files/IndepStudyFormPolicies.pdf
7. Bring the signed (faculty and student signatures) form to McPRK 203 to be registered for the credits.