determine your risk for Osteoporosis simply answer
the following questions below. To select an answer
use the drop down menu below each question. To
determine your risk look in the box at the end
of this page. There it will have your final points.
The more points you have the higher risk you are
1. Do you have a small, medium, or
2. Are you Caucasian, Asian, Hispanic/Native
American, or African American?
3. Do you have a family history of osteoporosis?
3b. Which Family member has osteoporosis?
4. Do you have a family history of bone fractures
related to osteoporosis?
5. Are you naturally or surgically post-menopause
(finished having periods)
yes, do you take hormone replacement medications or other
medications for osteoporosis?
6. Have you been taking high doses of cortisone-like
drugs for more than 6 months?
7. Do you have a history of low calcium intake
and avoiding milk or foods made from milk?
8. Do you take calcium supplements?
9. Do you have a history of participating in weight-bearing
exercises or activities such as
jogging or weight-lifting?
10. Do you smoke cigarettes?
Do you drink more than 3 alcoholic drinks a day?
drink = twelve ounces beer or 4 ounces of wine or 1 ounce
Do you have a low body weight for your height?
Points = 40
Higher points = higher risk