- About the College
- Find news
- Departments & other units
- Development, Alumni & Advocacy
- Give online
- Search options
- Quick links
- University phonebook
- Contact options
- CALS homepage
- University of Arizona homepage
E-Commerce Means Business
E-commerce is a fast-growing revenue channel and a key asset for building and maintaining customer loyalty. Most successful retailers have ‘online’ at the center of their corporate agenda.
- E-Commerce came to the runway at Fall 2010 Fashion Week in Milan when a designer allowed anyone with a credit card to order online as models walked the runway!
- A recent full-page top retailer’s print ad directs consumers to “discover more online.”
- Mobile commerce (m-commerce) helps consumers find, compare and purchase products, offer personalized coupons and more and drives foot traffic to retail outlets as well.
Forrester estimates that $917 billion worth of retail sales last year were “Webinfluenced,” which means online direct e-commerce or offline sales tied to Web activity. E-commerce sales in the U.S. are projected to keep growing at a 10% compound annual growth rate, and Europe’s at 11% through 2014.
Read more at; http://cals.arizona.edu/fcs/node/622
Released date:Oct 28 2010