University of Arizona Degree Search - this online interactive tool shows students (and parents!) the requirements for their chosen degree, including the details of the major, the four-year plan, Arizona Transfer Course Equivalents, and Career Planning. See Family Studies & Human Development information.
What are FSHD students accountable for?
Students are expected to:
- meet with their academic advisor once a semester before priority registration.
- bring a recent copy of the Academic Advisement Report (AAR) and their catalog checklist to EVERY advising appointment.
- enroll in the correct classes from the catalog.
- follow prerequisites for any classes they need to enroll in.
Advisors give students guidance during their college career but the ultimate responsibility for smooth transition from the FSHD pre-major into the major, and then successful completion of all requirements to earn the degree lies with the student.
What can parents do to support their FSHD student?
We want students to feel empowered by the steps they take to succeed in the FSHD program. Parents can support independence for their student's long-term success while encouraging them to:
- Meet at least once a semester with their FSHD Academic Advisor
- Keep up with the listserv messages to be fully informed
- Seek guidance as needed from FSHD faculty professionals
How can parents get information about their FSHD student's academic progress?
In order for us to talk to you about your student's academic progress, a FERPA Release Authorization form must be on file with us. It must be filled out and signed by the student. Please have your student contact us as soon as possible to resolve any issue they might face.
Who do you contact if you need more information?
Dr. Allison Ewing-Cooper, Coordinator of Undergraduate Programs, Family Studies and Human Development
Useful Links for Parents
UA Academic Calendar: http://catalog.arizona.edu/acadcals.html
- Know important dates at the U of A: Priority Registration, Graduation, etc.
FSHD/RCSC Academic Checklists: http://cals.arizona.edu/fcs/student_services/checklists
- Courses FSHD/RCSC students take
Student Services/Advising: http://cals.arizona.edu/fcs/student_services
- Learn about advising at the Norton School
Norton News: http://cals.arizona.edu/fcs/nortonnews
- What is happening in the Norton School Family and Consumer Sciences
- Graduation UA: http://commencement.arizona.edu/
- Graduation College of Agriculture and Life Sciences: http://cals.arizona.edu/academicprograms/commencement