Norton School advisors are happy to meet with students during any phase of the transfer process.
The Transfer Process:
1) Indicate your major as either Family Studies & Human Development or Retailing & Consumer Sciences on the application for admission to the University of Arizona.
2) After being accepted, complete the Transfer Student Academic Preview (TSAP) through the Next Steps Center. Be sure to send your immunization records to Student Health, too!
3) After completing the TSAP, schedule an appointment with the academic advisor for your program of study.
Family Studies & Human Development: Liz Collins
Retailing & Consumer Sciences: Stephanie Carlson
4) Once you have an appointment with your academic advisor, schedule an appointment for the same day with a College of Ag & Life Sciences (CALS) advisor (Kristen Geary or Nancy Rodriguez-Lorta) by calling 520-621-3616. You will meet with them in Forbes 211.
5) Attend your advising appointment. You do not have an Academic Advising Report, yet (so you can ignore the message that tells you to bring one). Please bring a copy of your current class schedule, as that is not listed on your transcript. We are able to view the transcript you submitted to the U of A. After you meet with your advisor, the 'Mandatory Advising Hold' will be removed.
6) Load classes into your shopping cart.*
7) Enroll into classes on your assigned enrollment date. The 'front page' of your UAccess Student page lists your enrollment date and time on the right-hand side. Note that registration starts at 6 AM - and the early bird really does get the worm! If you have any problems with registration, contact your advisor immediately.*
8) Attend a "Transfer Welcome" the weekend before classes start!
*For information about how to use UAccess, UA resources, and opportunities to get involved, see teh College of Ag & Life Sciences Career and Academic Services page here - http://cals.arizona.edu/cas/transfer
|Transfer Orientation Packet Fall 2014.pdf||1.21 MB|