A college degree will help you bridge the space between your aspirations and living out your dreams, whether you want to travel the world, save lives, provide for your family or make an unforgettable difference in your community. That's why the College of Agriculture, Life and Environmental Sciences offers more than $1 million in additional scholarship monies each year to help students like you achieve your college goals. This is on top of the aid available from the University of Arizona.
As a CALES student, you're automatically eligible for nearly 200 scholarships reserved specifically for majors in our college. You don't have to have a perfect GPA either – you could qualify based on your campus and community involvement, personal background and experiences, or career goals. Award amounts vary each year but typically range from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for each scholarship.
Apply by April 1 to Qualify
Log into Scholarship Universe to apply for University of Arizona scholarships and CALES scholarships. You may also use the tool to search and apply for scholarships outside of the UA.
Your step-by-step guide to Scholarship Universe
1. Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid. This will increase the number of scholarships available to you.
2. Complete your resumé and have it ready to submit with applications.
3. Log in to Scholarship Universe with your Net ID and password.
4. Build your profile by answering a few questions about yourself.
5. Select the scholarship applications you'd like to complete.
6. Complete your applications – you'll need only to submit the CALES General Scholarship Application once to apply for all CALES scholarships.
7. Click "Apply" and you're done!
Be sure to follow the CALES "how to apply" guide to maximize your scholarship eligibility. We help you to navigate some quirks of the Scholarships Universe Systems.
The application period for CALES scholarships is January – April of each year. The application deadline is April 1. If you receive a CALES scholarship, you’ll be notified during the summer via an email to your official UA email account. CALES scholarships are awarded for the academic year only (fall and spring semester). If you're awarded a scholarship you'll be asked to write a thank you letter to the generous donor who funded your scholarship. Students who were not awarded scholarships will be notified via email before the academic year begins. The email will be sent to their official UA email address.
Download our tips for writing your thank you letter.
CALES Career and Academic Services maintains and updates CALES scholarship policies as needed. View details of our scholarship policies and how they relate to students and academic units.
- Scholarship Questions? Contact Camille Andersen, Academic Programs Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-621-3612
- Need help building a resume? Visit the CALES Career Center online or in-person
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- UA Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid – Scholarships
- UA Office of Nationally Competitive Scholarships