[Next Plant] [Previous Plant] [Back Home] [List of Plants] [Back to Ag]
- reflective heat, sun, part shade, shade
- ample, average watering, dry
- Fast growing
- Usually grown as dense hedge but makes a formal trummed small tree, foliage extends to ground if unpruned, prune so bottom of hedge is wider than top for best growth.
- Conical clusters of white flowers in late spring followed by purple berries, occaisionally gets Texas root rot and root knot nematodes or privet weevil, crisp, dark green 4" leaves opp. entire simple.
- Medium patio tree, low maintenance, used for wide and high screening outdoors.
- transitional, woodsy.