(Mediterranean Fan Palm)
[Next Plant] [Previous Plant] [Back Home] [List of Plants] [Back to Ag]
- reflective heat, sun, part shade
- ample to average watering, dry and drought resistant
- slow growing
- Hardiest palm, grows to 20', variable in form 6' - 20', sends out offsets, forms large clumps, good near patio or pool, often used as an underplant, wind resistant.
- Small black or orange fruit, inconspicuous white bloom, Palmate 4-5' deeply cut bluish armed petioles stiff foliage.
- Medium maintenance, fertilize in late spring with high nitrogen, and water in summer, remove suckers, transplant in warm season.
- Does best in well prepaired, rich soil.
- medium to large (wide and high) outdoor patio
- bold foliage, accent, oriental, tropical