Welcome to the College of Agriculture & Life Sciences (CALS) family! In CALS, we like to celebrate and recognize academic milestones - your first semester as a Wildcat is just that! New Student Welcome is designed to connect you with peers, resources, and help you create support networks.
All new students are invited to attend all CALS New Student Welcome events:
Destination AZ: Next Stop CALS
Friday, August 18 | 3 – 4:30 pm
Grand Ballroom, Student Union Memorial Center
- Join the entire fall 2023 incoming class for a welcome from Dean Burgess, need-to-know info to start the semester, and a fun activity to help us get to know you!
- Even better, pick up your CALS swag bag with lots of goodies inside!
CALS New Student Open House
Saturday, August 19 | 1 – 3 pm
- Kick off the academic year with food, exploring your class schedule, drop-in academic advising, and connecting with staff & other students
- The best part? Stop-by to get your exclusive 2023 CALS class t-shirt & sticker!
Learning Lab & Life Management Ice Cream Social
Wednesday, August 23 | 3 - 4:30pm
- Come learn about mental health, learning support, and career resources available to you as a CALS learner
- Meet n' greet with the full CALS Student Affairs team, featuring the Learning Lab, Life Management Counseling, and Career Center!
CALS Club Fair
Thursday, September 7 | 5 – 7 pm
Environment & Natural Resources 2 (ENR2), Courtyard
- What better way to start your college career than joining a club?
- Featured clubs include: Sigma Alpha (professional agricultural sorority), Pre-Veterinary Club, TREND Fashion Club, Food Science Club, Cutting Edge Sewing Club & more!
All CALS New Student Welcome events are free of charge. All new students will be automatically registered for all events; we can't wait to see you there!