Transfer students

Continue the hard work that you have invested into your education by transferring your post-high school credits into one of over 20 majors at the College of Agriculture, Life & Environmental Sciences.

Apply Now

How to apply

  1. Find the CALES major that will allow you to make an impact in the areas that matter most to you.
  2. Confirm whether you meet the eligibility requirements and determine how your credits will transfer from Arizona Institutions or Out-of-State Institutions.
  3. Start your university application. To request a paper application, contact admissions at 520-621-3237 or
  4. Finalize and submit your materials before the application deadline. The university's review process typically takes 2-3 weeks.
  5. Once you are admitted, visit the financial aid page to learn how to apply for over $1 million in scholarships dedicated to CALES students.

Eligibility requirements

You are considered a transfer student if you have 12 or more transferable college credits earned post-high school at a community college or from another university. See the drop-downs below to determine additional transfer application requirements.

  • Meet the Core Competency Requirements
  • Have a minimum 2.0 cumulative college/university GPA
  • Have a minimum 2.5 cumulative un-weighted high school GPA.

  • Have a minimum 2.0 cumulative college/university GPA

  • Have a minimum recalculated cumulative GPA of 2.5 after completing the Arizona General Education Curriculum (AGEC), or
  • Have a minimum recalculated cumulative GPA of 2.0 after completing an associate or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education

Learn more about applying to CALES as an international student.


Want to learn more about CALES and the different majors we have? Our recruitment team is ready to answer your questions.

Request Information