Plenary Presentation and Session Keynote Addresses
1. Tilapia product quality and new product forms for international markets.
2. Strategies for Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) pond culture.
Yi, Y. and James, D.
3. A demonstration of tilapia and tomato culture utilizing an energy efficient integrated system approach.
Chappell, J.A., Brown, T.W. and Purcell, T.
4. Genetic improvement of Nile tilapia Oreochromis niloticus) - present and future.
Ponzoni, R.W., Nguyen, N.H., Khaw, H.L., Kamaruzzaman, N., Hamzah, A., Bakar, K.R.A., and Yee, Y.Y.
5. The utilization of soybean products in tilapia feed - a review.
6. Distillers dried grains with solubles as an alternative protein source in fish feeds.
Lim, C. and Yildirim-Aksoy, M.
7. Streptococcus: A Worldwide Fish Health Problem.
Klesius, P., Shoemaker, C.A. and Evans, J.J.
1. Intensive Mixed-Sex Culture of Nile tilapia.
2. Effect of broodstock sex ratio on growth and reproductive performance of blue tilapia Oreochromis aureus (Steindachner) reared in hapas.
Khalfalla, M.M., Hammouda, Y.A., Tahoun, A.M., and Abo-State, H.A.M.
1. Potassium fertilizer inhibits the growth of cyanobacteria (Microcystis aeruginosa) in fishpond.
Mostafa Abdel Mohsen Ibrahem El Gammal
2. Effect of water quality and flooding episode on the yield of Oreochromis urolepis (Norman, 1922) from self-stocked ponds.
Lamtane, H.A., Mgaya, Y.D. and Bailey, R.G.
3. Influence of fertilizers' types and stocking density on water quality and growth performance of Nile tilapia-African catfish in polyculture system.
El Naggar, G.O., Ibrahim, N.A. and Mohamed Yahia Abou Zead
4. Effects of manure fertilizer on off-flavor substances in water and sediment from tilapia ponds.
Whangchai, N., Twong, W., Wigraiboon, S., Itayama, T., Kuwabarac, T., and Iwami, N.
Genetics and Breeding
1. Lactate dehydrogenase isozymes in tilapiine fishes (cichlidae): Tissue expression and genetic variability patterns.
El-Alfy, S.H., Abdelmordy, M.B. and Salama, M.S.
2. Performance and survival of three red tilapia strains (Oreochromis spp) in pond environment in Kedah State, Malaysia.
Hamzah, A., Nguyen, N.H. and Pnzoni, R.W.
3. Contribution of genetic improved strains to Chinese tilapia industry.
Si-Fa, Li, and Wan-Qi, Cai
4. Two RAPD-SCAR markers in NEW GIFT Nile Tilapia (Oreochromis Niloticus) implication for selection tracking and strains identification.
Si-Fa, Li, Shou-Jie Tang, and Wan-Qi, Cai
5. Genotype by Environment Interaction for harvest body weight and survival of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) in brackish and fresh water ponds.
Luan, T.D., Olesen, I., ědegard, J., Kolstad, K., and Dan, N.C.
Growth and Development
1. Effect of using probiotic as growth promoters in commercial diets for monosex Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) fingerlings.
Eid, A.H. and Mohamed, K.A.
2. Effect of initial stocking size and production cycle on growth performance of mono sex tilapia reared in earthen ponds.
Abdel-Hakim, N.F., Ammar, A.A., and Abd-Elgawad, A.S.
3. A one-hundred-day culture trial of three different families of GIFT tilapia, (Oreochromis niloticus).
Dong, Z., Xu, P., He, J., Zhu, J., Zhang, S., and Xie, Z.
4. Effect of garlic on the survival, growth, resistance and quality of (Oreochromis niloticus).
Aly, S.M., Atti, N.M.A. and Mohamed, M.F.
5. Effect of over-wintering and water depth on growth performance of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus).
6. Effect of neem leaf extract on freshwater fishes and zooplankton community.
Mouse, M.A.A., El-Ashram, A.M.M., and Hamed, M.
7. Performance of growth and survival rates of Oreochromis aureus juveniles during hard winter condition in Egypt.
Kamel, E.A., Elghobashy, H.A., and Farag, M.A.
Reproduction and Seed Production
1. Effects of age and stocking density on spawning performance of Nile tilapia, Oreochromis niloticus (L.) broodstock reared in hapas.
Tahoun, A.M., Ibrahim, M. A-R, Hammouda, Y.F., Eid, M.S., M.M.A. Zaki El-Din, and Magouz, F.I.
2. Effects of Mannan-Oligosaccharide on growth, survival and disease resistance of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus Linnaeus) fry.
Samrongpan, C., Areechon, N., Yoonpundh, R., and Srisapoome, P.
3. Treatment with saponins from trigonella foenum-graecum and quillaja saponaria influences sex ratio in Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) larvae.
Stadtlander, T., Focken, U., Levavi-Sivan, B., Dweik, H., Qutob, M., Abu-Lafi, S., Kerem, Z., and Becker K.
4. Dietary neem (Azadirachta indica) leaf meal as reproduction inhibitor in redbelly tilapia, Tilapia zillii.
Jegede, T. and Fagbenro, O.
5. Effects of maternal injection with organic phosphorus and Vitamin B12 on reproductive performance and newely hatched offspring of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus).
6. Effect of nutrition and fertilization on production of Nile tilapia(O. niloticus) fingerlings in concrete ponds.
Kamal, S.M., S. Abdel Ghanny and M.M. Abd-El All
7. Growth evaluation, sex conversion rate and percent survival of Nile tilapia(Oreochromis niloticus L.) fingerlings in earthen ponds.
Bolivar, R.B., Bolivar, H.L., Sayco, R.M.V., Jimenez, E.B.T., Argueza, R.L.B., Dadag, L.B., Taduan, A.G., and Borski, R.J.
1. Response of Nile Tilapia Oreochromis niloticus
to Environmental Cadmium Toxicity During organic Selenium supplimentation
Mohsen Abdel-Tawwab, Mohammed Wafeek
2. Accumulation and Elimination of Copper and Lead from O. niloticus Fingerlings and Consequent Influence on their Tissue Residues
and some Biochemical Parameters
3. Developmental changes in Na+, K+-ATPase activity in Mozambique tilapia(Oreochromis mossambicus) embryos and larvae in various salinities.
Kosztowny, A.L., Hirano, T. and Grau, E.G.
4. Effect of Yeast Supplement on the Growth Preformance and Resistence of Galilee Tilapia, Sarotherodon galilaeus to Environmental Copper Toxicity. Abdel-Tawwab, M., Mousa, M.A.A., Maaly A. Mohammed
5. Assessment of Heavy Metals Pollution in Water and Sediments and their Effect on Oreochromis niloticus
in the Northern Delta Lakes, Egypt
Saeed, S. and Shaker, I.M
6. Impacts of different water resources on the ecological parameters and the quality of tilapia production at El-Abbassa fish farms in Egypt.
El-Namaki, F.A., Ali, N.A., Zeinhom, M.M., and Radwan, O.A.
7. Effect of ammonia on Nile tilapia(O. niloticus) performance and some hamatological and histological measures.
El-Sherif, M.S. and El-Feky, A.M.
8. Effect of Water Hyacinth and Chlorella on Water Polluted by Heavy Metals and the Biochemical and Pathophysiological
Response of Exposed Fish
Shaker, I.M., Wafeek, M. and Mesalhy Aly S.
Processing and Quality Control
1. Effect of protein sources on characteristics and quality traits of Nile tilapia Oreochromis niloticus.
Alkobaby, A.I., Sami, A.S., and Abu-Sinna, G.I.
2. Metals residues, histological alterations and cooking methods of fish cultured in wastewater ponds.
Samya I.A. Hassanin
1. The role of the Asian Institute of Technology in the promotion of Tilapia for Aquaculture.
2. Tilapia aquaculture in the Nile delta 1990 - 2008.
3. Effects of water exchange rate in intensive aquaculture system on fish productivity of desert concrete circulated ponds in Egypt.
Algazzar, M., Osman, M.F., and Sadek, S.S.
4. Fayoum sustainable environmental aquaculture in inland protected lakes: Qarun and Wadi El-Rayan depression lakes, Fayoum governorate, Egypt.
Gouda, M.E., Sadek, S. S., and Osman, M.F.
5. Action research in partnership for developing a small-scale commerical fish farming: A promising start-up in Cameroon.
Mikolasek, O., Lazard J., Pouomogne, V., Tomedi-Eyango, M., and Chia, E.
6. Change in the practices and representations of small-scale fish farming activity: A partnership research process in West Cameroon.
Bogne Sadeu C., Mikalasek,O., Barlet, B., Chia, E., Pouomogne, V., and Eyango, M.T.
7. Production and economics of Nile tilapia Oreochromis niloticus integrated culture with alfalfa Medicago sativa in raceway system in Kuwait.
Murad, H.A., Fouda, M.M.S., Elnady, M.A., and Hussain, S.A.
Marketing, Economics and Extension
1. Economic analysis of contribution of tilapia production and marketing to gender empowerment in Ondo and Ekiti states, Nigeria.
Adebo, G.M., and S.D. Y Alfred
2. Vertical price linkages in the Egyptian tilapia market.
3. Small-scale aquaculture business planning in Cameroon.
Brummett, R.E., Pouomogne, V.
4. Economic analysis of fish farming in Behera Governorate of Egypt.
El-Naggar, G., Nasr-Alla, A., and Kareem, R.O.
5. Tilapia farmers' perception of rural healthcare delivery system in Ondo State of Nigeria.
Alfred, S.D., Adebo, G.M., and Fagbenro, O.A.
Nutrition, Feeding and Feed Quality
1. Tilapia feed and feeding in semi-intensive culture systems.
Abdel-Fattah M. El-Sayed
2. Feed quaility and nutritional benefits utilizing extrusion technology.
3. Replacement of fish meal protein by okara meal in practical diets for all-male monosex Nile tilapia Oreochromis niloticus.
4. Effect of replacing soybean meal protein by other plant protein sources on growth performance and economical efficiency of mono sex Nile tilapiaOreochromis niloticus cultured in tanks.
Abdel-Hakim, N.F., M.E. Lashin, A.A. Al-Azab and H.M. Nazmi
5. Zooplankton as live food for fry and fingerlings of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) and catfish (Clarias gariepinus) in concrete ponds.
Ibrahim, Mohamed Shaker Abd El Fattah, Mona Hamed Ahmed and Mohamed Abdel Aal
6. Total replacement of fishmeal with soybean meal in diets for Nile tilapia in prefertilized ponds.
Diaa Al-Kenway, Gamal El Naggar and Mohamed Yahia Abou Zead
7. Effect of replacing soybean meal by sunflower meal in the diets for Nile tilapia,Oreochromis niloticus (L.)
Mohamed Yahia Abou Zead, M.A. Soltan and M.S. Ibrahim
8. Partial replacement of fish meal with dried microalga (Chlorella spp and Scenedesmus spp) in Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) diets.
Badwy, T.M., Ibrahim, E.M., and Zeinhom, M.M.
9. Effect of replacement soybean meal by other plant protein sources in Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) digestibility of nutrients using fiber or ash as markers.
Abdel-Hakim, N.F., Lashin, M.E., Al-Azab, A.A., and Nazmi, H.M.
10. Effect of extruded and non-extruded fish pellet on growth performance and total production of Nile tilapia and grey mullet fingerlings reared in a polyculture system in earthen ponds.
Ammar, A.A., Abd-Elgawad, A.S., and Salama, A.A.
11. The use of smoked fish waste meal as a feed in practical diet for all-male monosex Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus).
Ahmad, M.H., and Diab, A.S.
12. Use of cucumber, squash and broad bean leaves as non-conventional plant protein sources in Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) diet.
Magouz, F.I., El-Gendi, M.O., Salem, M.F.I., and Elazab, A.A.
13. The effect of feeding various dietary protein levels during growing on growth performance of Nile tilapia, Oreochromis niloticus L.
Abdel-Tawwab, M., Ahmad, M.H., and Seden, M.E.A.
14. In vitro protein, lipid and starch digestibility in various sizes of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus Linnaeus).
Klahan, R., Areechon, N., Yoonpundh, R., and Engkagul, A.
15. Productive performance of Oreochromis niloticus under different nutritional and aquaculture systems.
Osman, M.F., Khattab, H.M., Mounes, H.A.M., and Hafez, F.A.
16. Revieing the optimal level of methionine and lysine for tilapia fingerlings (Oreochromis niloticus).
Osman, M.F., Amer, M.A., Mahfouz, S.A., Wasly, K.M.
17. Fatty acid composition of Nile tilapia Oreochromis niloticus muscle: A comparative study with commercially important tropical freshwater fish in Philippines.
Suloma, A., Ogata, H.Y., Garibay,E.S., Chavez, D.R., El-Haroun, E.R.
18. Use of some agro-industrial by products in Nile tilapia fish diets.
El-Kholy, KH.F., Solta, M.E., S.A.E. Abd El Rahman, El-Saidy, D.M., and Doaa Sh. Foda
19. Effects of stocking rates and supplementary feed on the growth performance of blue tilapia (Oreochromis aureus) and grass carp (Ctenopharyngodon idella) reared in earthen ponds.
Hassan, A.S., Sayed, S.H., and Ibrahim, E.M.
20. Effects of dietary of lipid source on egg and larval quality of Nile tilapia, Oreochromis niloticus (L.).
Hajizadeh, A., Jauncey, K., and Rana, K.
21. Effects of replacing soybean meal with other plant protein sources on protein and energy utilization and carcass composition of Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus).
Abdel-Hakim, N.F., Lashin, M.E., Al-Azab, A.A., and Nazmi, H.M.
22. Fish meal replacement by yeast protein (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) supplemented by biogenic L-carintine as a source of methanine plus lysine mixture in feed for Nile tilapia (Oreochromis niloticus) fingerlings.
Ebrahim, M.S.M. and Abou-Seif, R.A.
Health and Diseases- Fish Health Management
1. Use of Spirulina (arthrospir platensis) as a growth and immunmity promoter for Nile tilapia, Oreochromis niloticus (L.) fry challenged with pathogenic Aeromonas hydrophila. .
Mohsen Abdel-Tawwab, Mohammad H. Ahmad, Yasser M. Abdel-Hadi, and Medhat E.A. Seden
2. Echinacea as Immunostimulatory Agent in Nile tilapia Oreochromis niloticus via earthen pond experiment.
Aly, S.M., Mohammed, M.F., and G. John
3. Evaulation of immunomodulatory effects of some probiotics on cultured Oreochromis niloticus.
Marzouk, M.S., Moustafa, M.M., and Mohamed, N.M.
4. The influence of some probiotics on the growth performance and intestinal microbial flora of O. niloticus.
Marzouk, M.S., Moustafa, M.M., and Mohamed, N.M.
5. Effect of some immunostimulants on health status and disease resistence of Nile tilapia Oreochromis niloticus .
Abdelkhalek, N.K.M., Zaki, V.H., and Yousef, M.A.A.
6. Effect of a biobuds as a commercial probiotic product in cultured tilapia.
El-Ashram, A.M.M., Mohammed, M.F., and Aly, S.M.
7. Assessment of dietary bovine lactoferrin in enhancement of immune function and disease resistance in Nile tilapia Oreochromis niloticus
Aly, S.M., Mohammed, M.F., and G. John
8. Effect of dietary beta-1, 3 glucan on immunomodulation on diseased Oreochromis niloticus experimentally infected with aflatoxins B1.
El-Boshy, M.E., El-Ashram, A.M.M., and El-Ghany, N.A.A.
9. Histology of Gonads in Tilapia zillii (Gervais) Fed Neem (Azadirachta indica) Leaf Meal Diets.
Temitope, J. and Fabgenro, O.
10. Histology of Gonads in Oreochromis niloticus fed pawpaw (Carica papaya) seed meal diets.
Temitope, J. and Fabgenro, O.
11. Trials to create Edwardsiellosis native vaccines for freshwater fish in Egypt.
El-Jakee, J.K., Marzouk, M.S., Mahmoud, N.A., and El-Hady, M.A.
12. Evaluation of different vaccination strategies for control of (MAS) in Nile tilapia O. niloticus in Egypt.
Ibrahem, M.D., Arab, R.M.H., Mostafa, M.M., and Rezk, M.A.
Health and Diseases- Fish Disease Bacterial
1. Contribution on pseudomonas septicemia caused by Pseudomonas anguilliseptica in cultured Oreochromis niloticus.
Saleh F.M. Sakr and Azza M.M. Abd El-Rhman
2. Genomic diversity of Streptoccocus agalactiae isolates from multiple hosts and their infectivity in Nile tilapia.
Evans, J.J., Klesius, P.H., Bohnsack, J.F., Pasnik, D.J., Garcia, J.C., Whiting, A.A. and Shoemaker, C.A.
3. Photobacteriosis in some wild and cultured freshwater fishes in Egypt.
Reyad Hassan Khalil and Salah Mesalhy Aly
4. Antigenic variations and pathogenicity between Mycoplasma spp isolated from fishes and shellfishes.
Ahmed, H.A. and El-Hady, M.A.
5. Determination of LD50 for Streptoccocus agalactiae in red tilapia and GIFT.
Amal, A.M.NM., Nur-Nazifah, M., Siti-Zahrah, A., Sabri, M.Y., and Zamri-Saad, M.
6. Streptoccocus agalactiae isolation patters from cage cultured tilapia.
Amal, A.M.N, Zamri-Saad, M., Siti-Zahrah, A., and Sabri, M.Y.
7. Prevalence of Aeromonas hydrophila infection in wild and cultured tilapia niloticaO. niloticus in Egypt.
Mai, D.I., Mostafa, M.M., Arab, R.M.H., and Rezk, M.A.
Health and Diseases- Viral Infection
1. The susceptibility of freshwater vishes to rotavirus infection.
Marzouk, M.S., All, M.M., Essa, A.A., and Ibrahem, M.D.
2. First record of isolation and identification of spring viraemia of carp virus from Oreochromis niloticus in Egypt.
Soliman, M.K., Aboeisa, M.M., Mohamed, S.F., and Saleh, W.D.
Health and Diseases- Mycotic infections
1. Diagnosis of Ichthyophoniasis inOreochromis niloticus in Egypt by polymerase chain reaction (PCR).
El-Ghany, N.A.A. and El-Ashram, A.M.M.
2. A trial for treatment of Ichthyophonosis in cultured Oreochromis niloticus using fucus and neem plants.
El-Ghany, N.A.A. and Alla, H.M.L.A.
Health and Diseases- Parasitic infections
1. Digenetic trematodes of the little egret, Egretta garzetta, and possibility of transmission to Oreochromis niloticus at El-Abbassa fish farms, Egypt.
Abd-Al-Aal, A., Amer, O.H., Badawy, A.I.E., and El-Ashram, A.M.M.
2. Concurrent infections (Parasitism).
Craig Shoemaker et al.
Health and Diseases- Non Infections
1. Non-infectious abdominal dropsy syndrome of tilapia.
Azad, I.S. and Ridha, M.T.
Health and Diseases- Toxicity
1. Experimental studies on nickel toxicity in Nile tilapia health.
Abou-Hadeed, A.H., Ibrahim, K.M., El-Sharkawy, N.I., Sakr, F.M.S., and El-Hamed, S.A.A.
2. Response of Nile tilapia, Oreochromis niloticus(L.) to environmental cadmium toxicity during organic selenium supplementation.
Abdel-Tawwab, M. and Wafeek, M.
3. Accumulation and elimination of copper and lead from O. niloticus fingerlings and consequent influence on their tissue residues and some biochemical parameters.
4. Effect of yeast supplementation on the growth performance and resistance of galilee tilapia, Sarotherodon galilaeus (L.) to environmental copper toxicity.
Abdel-Tawwab, M., Mousa, M.A.A. and Mohammed, M.A.
5. Effect of water hyacinth and chlorella on water polluted by heavy metals and the biochemical and pathophysiological response of exposed fish.
Ibrahim, M.S., Wafeeek, M. and Salah Mesalhy Aly
Health and Diseases- Other
1. Saprolegniosis in freshwater cultured tilapia nilotica, (Oreochromis niloticus) and trial for control by using Bafry D50/500
2. Bacterial causes of skin ulcers affection in Nile Tilapia,(Oreochromis niloticus) with special references to its control.
El-Atta, M.E.A. and Tantawy, M.M.E.
Updated: July 20, 2010
Return to home page